Our mission is to provide opportunities for youth to experience,
appreciate and perform orchestral music.
ESYO’s 89th season is celebrating over 300 students learning, growing and making music together as we return to pre-pandemic numbers.
- We’re introducing 150 children to the world of strings with beginning classes at nine different elementary schools. 60% of these students are on full scholarship.
- Our two string orchestras give 65 more young musicians a chance to play at the next level in an ensemble with their peers.
- Junior Orchestra offers 40 middle and high-school students a full symphony orchestra experience, with winds, brass and percussion and a variety of challenging music.
- EYSO’s premier ensemble, the Eugene-Springfield Youth Symphony, consists of 50 of the finest youth musicians in the area. Dr. David Jacobs leads this 50-piece symphony orchestra, performing unabridged works and complete symphonies.
- Read about all of our artistic staff HERE.
ESYO is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion, and to providing a welcoming, safe community for young musicians of all backgrounds, cultures, identities, and abilities. Students will join other youth musicians from throughout the area to
learn, grow, lead and PLAY!
* December 2022 Concert Series *
CONGRATULATIONS to all of our orchestras for their AMAZING winter concerts!
Click HERE to listen and watch!
Support these youth musicians!
Give a gift that will last a lifetime – and keep these wonderful students playing and performing. Click here to find out the many ways you can support their music. Or just go straight to the donation form HERE!
ESYO E-NEWSLETTERS – Click on one of our past monthly newsletters and SUBSCRIBE to get the inside info about ESYO and upcoming events!