Thank you for your interest in our youth orchestras!
2022-23 Season: Auditions will be held June 27, 28, or 29th 2022, depending on your instrument. As soon as we have a location, we’ll post the sign up sheets! We are planning for another wonderful year of making music in person starting in late September 2023.
We will continue to monitor the Covid-19 situation in Lane County closely and move to online rehearsals if it is recommended. Safety remains our top priority, and we will follow the state and local guidelines as they are updated. ESYO Policies and Procedures document can be found HERE.
To learn more about the different ensembles, please go to the Programs tab and read about them. If you still have questions about joining our orchestras, you can send an email to email@example.com.
Please be sure to tell your musical friends and teachers about ESYO! We hope to see students from many schools and areas represented, and full instrumentation for the youth orchestras. If you have questions, your teacher is a great person to talk to about auditioning.
Auditions are approximately 5-6 minutes long, and include a solo no longer than 3 mins., as well as scales. See below for requirements, audition tips, and eligibility guidelines. Students should always prepare what best demonstrates their skills. Our goal is to place students in the orchestra where we believe they will have the most successful and enjoyable experience.
- Step 1 – Sign up for an audition online.
- Step 2 – Practice required audition materials – click here for a list. Prepare something that best shows your skills.
- Step 3 – Look for an email with your time slot and the ZOOM invitation link.
- Step 4 – Please join the ZOOM call 15 minutes ahead of your scheduled time, to make sure the auditions transition from one to the next smoothly.
- Step 5 – Wait for your registrar to invite you into the call to start your audition.
- Step 6 – Introduce yourself, and the scales and solo you will be playing.
- Step 7 – Look for results of auditions, which will be posted within two weeks of your audition.
- Step 8 – Registration materials will be available on the corresponding orchestra page on our website in mid August, due by Labor Day. First orchestra rehearsals are Sept 26th.
- Thank you!
Remember: Auditions are not meant to stress students out! Prepare your solo and scales carefully, and you will be fine. Everyone is nervous, but our goal is to place each student in the ensemble that will give them the best musical experience.
CLICK HERE for a USEFUL TIPSHEET!
- Feel free to dress up a little for your audition. Although it is not required, it can help some students feel ready for a performance
- Play music you are comfortable with and best displays your skills.
- Practice your audition in front of family and friends. This can really help with nerves.
- Introduce yourself and your selections before you play.
ESYO Participation Policies:
ESYO works closely in collaboration with local schools to support a well-rounded musical experience. We appreciate and value the daily instruction and rehearsal offered in musical ensembles, which provides a wealth of benefits for student musicians. We strongly encourage all ESYO musicians to be enrolled in their school music program if one is available.
Attendance: Your presence at rehearsal is very important! Regular attendance is essential for maintaining the continuity and quality of your orchestra.