Thank you for your interest in our youth orchestras!
2021-22 Season: We are looking forward to another wonderful year of music-making starting in late September. We are planning to return to in-person rehearsals and live performances. However, rehearsal locations have changed because schools are not able to allow outside groups to use their facilities. Please check your email and spam folder to make sure you received the details for your orchestra. We will continue to monitor the Covid-19 situation in Lane County closely and move to online rehearsals if it is recommended. Safety remains our top priority, and we will continue to follow the state and local guidelines as they are updated. ESYO 2021-22 Policies and Procedures document can be found HERE.
Results of Spring auditions for the 2021-22 Season are in! If you were placed in one of our orchestras, you will receive an email with the password for the results page. Students made outstanding progress during the last online season, and their perseverance has been inspiring. ESYO is proud of every one of them, and thrilled that the combined efforts of all involved created such a successful season during a very uncertain time. Thank you all for your interest and support of youth music!
Fall Auditions are now closed. If you are still interested in joining our orchestras, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please be sure to tell your musical friends and teachers about ESYO! We hope to see students from many schools and areas represented, and full instrumentation for the youth orchestras. If you have questions, your teacher is a great person to talk to about auditioning.
Auditions are approximately 5-6 minutes long, and include a solo no longer than 3 mins., as well as scales. See below for requirements, audition tips, and eligibility guidelines. Students should always prepare what best demonstrates their skills. Our goal is to place students in the orchestra where we believe they will have the most successful and enjoyable experience.
AUDITION SCHEDULES: You must sign up for a fall audition and then you will be assigned a time and sent the zoom link.
High School students: Sept 8th
Elementary and Middle: Sept 10th
- Step 1 – Sign up for an audition online.
- Step 2 – Practice required audition materials – click here for a list. Prepare something that best shows your skills.
- Step 3 – Look for an email with your time slot and the ZOOM invitation link.
- Step 4 – Please join the ZOOM call 15 minutes ahead of your scheduled time, to make sure the auditions transition from one to the next smoothly.
- Step 5 – Wait for your registrar to invite you into the call to start your audition.
- Step 6 – Introduce yourself, and the scales and solo you will be playing.
- Step 7 – Look for results of auditions, which will be posted by Friday, June 30, 2021.
- Step 8 – Registration materials will be available on the corresponding orchestra page on our website the week of August 23rd, and are due by Sept 3rd. For Fall auditions, they will be due by Sept. 20th.
- Thank you!
Remember: Auditions are not meant to stress students out! Prepare your solo and scales carefully, and you will be fine. Everyone is nervous, but our goal is to place each student in the ensemble that will give them the best musical experience.
CLICK HERE for a USEFUL TIPSHEET!
- Feel free to dress up a little for your audition. Although it is not required, it can help some students feel ready for a performance
- Play music you are comfortable with and best displays your skills.
- Practice your audition in front of family and friends. This can really help with nerves.
- Introduce yourself and your selections before you play.
ESYO Participation Policies:
ESYO works closely in collaboration with local schools to support a well-rounded musical experience. We appreciate and value the daily instruction and rehearsal offered in musical ensembles, which provides a wealth of benefits for student musicians. We strongly encourage all ESYO musicians to be enrolled in their school music program if one is available.
Attendance: Your presence at rehearsal is very important! Regular attendance is essential for maintaining the continuity and quality of your orchestra.