Eugene-Springfield Youth Orchestras (ESYO) is accepting applications for Development Director. We’re looking for someone with a musical background who wants to help us bring the power of music to young people. ESYO is a nonprofit organization with an 87-year history of providing musical education and performance opportunities for students of all backgrounds in the Eugene/Springfield area in Oregon. Our mission is to provide youth with opportunities to experience, appreciate and perform orchestral music.
The Development Director plays a critical role in ESYO’s efforts to secure resources for its program priorities and long-term goals. The DD manages the fundraising and marketing efforts of the organization and works with the Executive Director and the Board of Directors to deepen relationships with current donors while cultivating new support, as well as develop individual strategies and fundraising plans.
- 3-5 years professional experience in fundraising and donor development
- Strong knowledge of development activities, preferably in non-profit organizations
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Proven organizational and marketing skills, including social media
- Ability to sensitively advocate for support while soliciting financial investment
- Willingness to work variable hours, including evenings and weekends
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite (particularly InDesign), experience working with databases, social networking, and website content management programs.
- Positive attitude, flexibility, and cooperative and supportive work ethic.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Background or experience in a music-related field.
- Experience with nonprofits, volunteer boards and committees.
- Demonstrated level of comfort working with business, community and education leaders.
- Ability to communicate effectively to build positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Goal oriented and self-motivated individual who can demonstrate accountability, initiative, creativity and focus in a rapidly changing and intellectually stimulating environment.
- Ability to manage time and workload to achieve goals on a deadline.
- Ability to collaborate, build alliances, negotiate and achieve results working with diverse stakeholders
Plan and manage development activities, consistent with ESYO’s policies and long-range goals and objectives, including but not limited to:
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors and supporters.
- Manage the donor database and all annual, sponsorship, endowment and planned giving programs.
- Coordinate fundraising activities and special events and preparing marketing/PR for all.
- Prepare all ESYO marketing materials including concert programs, posters, fliers, and brochures.
- Work with the ED to maintain the ESYO website and social media sites and monthly e-newsletters.
- Work to advance brand identity, broaden awareness of programs and priorities, and increase the visibility of programs across key stakeholder audiences.
COMPENSATION: ESYO is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that operates under a tight budget with a small staff. This is a full time position, and will remain open until filled. Salary range: $36,000-$38,000 (DOE).
TO APPLY: Interested candidates should send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sept 10th. Please include “Development Director Search” in the subject line. In your cover letter, please tell us why you are interested in this position and describe your experience working in development and marketing within a nonprofit setting.